Monday, March 26, 2012

Deadlines



I am the most permissive indulgent person I know in terms of the deadline, until I have an absolute deadline. Student writing I will always accept, even the next quarter. It's all about mastering the standard, right? Who cares when in the year you do that?

The yearbook has 2 deadlines, but I only meet the final deadline. Even then, I am a bit late. This attitude causes stress for me. Here I am the week before spring break, and I was up at 4 AM, editing yearbook pages.

There are non-absolutes, and then, there are absolutes. When it comes to getting a book printed and made and distributed, the deadline is important. Yet I am scrambling, once again, this year...

Back to the grind...maybe my writing will have some depth after my deadline...

1 comment:

  1. Wishing you lots of luck on making the deadline. I can relate :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my writing and sharing your thoughts with me.