Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Still I Write...

Life is too busy,
and still I write.
I need sleep,
and still I write.
Maybe I should
just copy a story
from the yearbook,
that I have edited,
revised, and taken over,
stealing the voice of some poor,
innocent child,
so that "my book"
will meet my own standard.
Articles, captions, blogs...
still I write.

Friday is my deadline.Then, break. Not too soon. I think I can make it without going over the edge.
I know when my principal tells me to take an in-house field trip with my staff the day before a break, that I am showing some signs of stress. The annoying thing is that there isn't room for yearbook during the school day--something about reading and writing standards.  AARGH--really? What about authenticity?  Late days with staff, late nights at home... Our book is not just about pretty pictures. We are capturing the year at my school, doing real writing and publishing, and running a little mini-business.  Sigh...

3 comments:

  1. Your dedication to a quality yearbook comes through in your writing. This will be a book that many will linger in the memories you've captured. Nice poem to begin. Sorry you didn't make the daily deadline, but don't dwell on it. You have written and written well. Celebrate that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still you write, keep that in mind, and still keep writing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. IT's too bad you can't have yearbook as a class....a break sounds like just what you need to make the end of the year. Good luck getting things done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my writing and sharing your thoughts with me.